View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
rotaxman

Twist

John,

I've posted about my unit and the frame last year when I discovered that it had a problem. I will give you the condensed version.

Dinning room slide would not fit in hole correctly Paul Cross diagnosed that the unit had a frame that lost camber. Not the correct term in my mind but what Lippert calls it. It means that the frame sags in front of and behind the axles.

Lippert came to residence and made what they call a repair but it was incorrectly carried out. The repair consisted of Lippert welding steel plates to the inside of the curb side frame and one long steel plate to the street side of the frame.

Trailer is jacked up from the rear until all wheels are off the ground then the plates are welded in. No precise measurements were taken before the plates were welded in.

When you level the trailer in the living room the head of the bed is so low that the blood all runs to your head. Can't sleep in it.

When you level the bedroom then when you set in the recliners you are looking at the crown molding.

Also you can go on top of the trailer and stand at the the mid way point and see that the street side front top corner is lower than the curb side. The difference in angles are very noticeable. Also you can go stand in front of the trailer about 50 foot out and see that its low on the street side.

Measuring it out it is 1 3/4 inches lower on the street side than the curb side.

There are also numerous other doors, panels and trim pieces that do not come close to lining up or that are not level no need to measure those as you can just stand and look at the unit and see the poor workmanship.

As always good camping

Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750