View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
rotaxman

Kitchen Table-fine amish craftsmanship 2

With my 06 when you wanted to put the extension in the dinning room table you would release the locks and pull the table apart. Both half's of the table top would move an equal distance keeping the pedestal centered under the table top.

On this junk 09 when you put the extension in only half of the table top moves. When you put the extension in the pedestal was about 2 foot off center.

When you would play cards or marble games and the person on the end of the table rested his arm on the table he ended up with drinks ,cards, marbles, game table or what ever else might be setting on the table in his lap and on the floor.

The Amish craftsmen assembled the table incorrectly and they went to a lot of work to do it. They had to cut 6 short shims and staple them to the sliding parts under the table to make it slide on that one end.

It has the track and gear mechanism which is there to make both half's of the table top move equal distances. I wonder what they were thinking while they were putting this table together. There would of been no use in having the gearing system if only half of the table top moves.

I've put up with since day one with this junk unit I finally got my fill and took the table apart last night and reassembled it correctly. It works like a charm.

I'm certainly glad that I was lucky enough to receive one of those great quota trailers DRV management should be proud of what they have accomplished with their quota based assembly line.

As always good camping
Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750