View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #13
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I would like to see how you finished the slide out edges. Could you post a closer pic of an outside corner.

Thanks!
The first piece I laid was the outer edge of the slide. I over lapped the edge by about 3 inches so it would cover the plastic edge when the slide is out. Just cut the ends like the carpet was cut. I glued these pieces. Then I worked in to the slide out wall completing that first. I laid the floor from the edge of the plastic and then when done covered the plastic with a border of trim. When it was all done everything leveled up pretty well. There is a little indent just in from the edge of the slide. When the carpet was there that indent was filled with a board so the carpet actually had a little hump there. I just laid across it as I worked my way in from the slide edge. It worked out OK. I'm not explaining it to my satisfaction but if you will watch the Mortonsonthemove you tube it will explain everything.

Somebody asked me how long it took. I'm 76 so my work days are getting shorter by the year. I would say i could have done it in a day and a half or one long day. I think we spread it out over three or four days and a couple rounds of golf. Stuff is easy to cut, just score it with a cutter and bend. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9123.jpg (138.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9125.jpg (89.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9130.jpg (175.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9128.jpg (191.7 KB, 16 views)