View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
bstark

Jerry: Don't hold back, let 'er rip, it's good for the bowels! :P

47Hook: Bill has passed along a little known caveat that I was given when I showed up at Trailair's facility to have my suspension checked out because I felt the unit was not behaving as advertised ride wise. Our selling dealer had lowered our suspension into the bottom hole on all three location points (shackles & C/P mount) which put our suspension into bind, essentially making the axles fight each other to see who was going to be the lead dog. Our dealer had also broken 2 lower shock mounts while performing the lowering exercise by jacking one side of the trailer at a time. My wife "freaked" to see the trailer sitting at a 30 degree angle in one of the service bays at Can-Am, hence we don't go back there for service!

After visiting Trailair and having our suspension "tuned" with the correct length curved shackle plates for the 38RL3 and the shock mounts replaced, our unit is now tracking correctly and riding better with the shackle bolts in the lower hole and the C/P in the next to lowest hole of the center frame stub.

All of the foregoing may only have been necessary for the units built at the time of ours (an 05 built mid 04) and may not be pertinent to later units but a call to Trailair may not be remiss in any case.