View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
Rockyhud

I bought a 20-ton bottle jack and a pair of 12-ton jack stands from Harbor Freight this past weekend. The bottle jack was on sale for $39.99 and the jack stands, while not on sale, were $89.99. I also bought a couple more of their solid rubber wheel chocks - the 4 I bought for the RV earlier worked so well I decided to get 2 more for the truck or Jeep Grand Cherokee, as needed. The bottle jack will fit under the leaf spring plates and being creative with blocks underneath it, could be used to lift the frame, if needed and provided I can find a good place to let it make contact.

My next suspension maintenance purchase will be buying 12 each 45-degree angled grease zerks to replace the straight zerks in the leaf spring eyes. That way I can more easily get my grease gun nozzle on them to keep them lubed properly. Based on the appearance of the current zerks I'm wondering how long it's been since they last got any grease - I don't relish the idea of having to replace any of them any time soon.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote