View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #12
RodeWorthy

Update on refrigerator isssues

This refrigerator worked well for 4+ months on level 3. The lower unit stayed cold in the 36 degree range as indicated on the LED panel and by thermometer inside the cabinet.

I believe it is time to call in Dometic. The LED on the refrigerator now reads 35-36 but the inside temp is about 46. This on level 4. That tells me the fridge thinks it is cold and does not attempt to cool further. The freezer is colder than it ever was -probably because I am now on level 4. This indicates cooling is working but control is not. I have decided not to attempt any changes since the unit is under warranty.

I still have not figured out where that sensor on the inside fins is supposed to sit. Maybe Dometic can clue me in. Disconnecting the sensor at the circuit board did cause the LED read out to go to 60 which is an indication temperature is above operating range as Robert has stated. I did not notice any improvement in inside temperature with the sensor disconnected. The LED also flashed E2 alternately with the 60 temp reading. The error indication is understandable.

The fans on the back of the unit do not run. There is 12V across the temperature controlled switch. I don't know if they ran before when the unit was working well. The fans still do not run when the switch is by-passed. Eventually improvements will have to be made to ensure the operation of these fans but I will let Dometic have at it first.

It is interesting to note that Dometic states that a unit parked a long time without moving and not level can result in liquid ammonia accumulating in the evaporator tubing causing restriction or blocking of the circulation of the ammonia gas. Maybe I have been sitting too long and need to hit the road. My unit is level. We have been in SW Fla for over 3 months with no significant moves. Scheduled to be here 10 more days but may have to cut that short due to this problem. Back to living out of a cooler. Yuk.

So I am off to talk with Dometic (sigh)....

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote