View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
RodeWorthy

Partially answered my own questions

Well, I posted these questions too soon. Duh. I found the fuse, tucked inside the wire harness. It helped when I put my glasses on :( The fuse is still 1A but it is good. Are we still changing these out to 3A?

The fans are intermittent and are controlled through a thermal switch which is not calling for them to run. The thermal switch is attached to cooling fin on the cool end of the heat exchanger behind the outside top panel. The fin it is attached to is not making good contact with the tube and thus does not have good heat transfer to the switch. I am doubtful it will ever call for the fans to run unless that thing gets a lot hotter than it is. I am considering by-passing the switch and forcing the fans to run to see if it makes a difference.

I am currently running on level 4 of 5. The freezer is now running just a touch over 0 degrees but the lower cabinet is just over 40 -not low enough. Before this problem began we were running on 3 and we had a well balanced refrigerator cooling well below 40 degrees. The problem started sometime after we defrosted and cleaned the refrigerator. It was working great before that. It has slowly deteriorated to the present state.

I will move the sensor down to see what affect that has. Right now it is near the top of the fin on the right end of the heat exchanger. After examining it I have a hard time believing its position has any affect. The sensor does not contact the fin. It just sits in the plastic carrier.

I have the A/C on today so the ambient is lower than yesterday.

I also found some of the insulation behind the heat exchanger at the outside top panel had fallen down and cut off good air flow. I have duct taped that back into place.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote