View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
terry and jo

OK. I finally got a little more sleep. Still have to do that sitting up, but there is some improvement.

I found the file on our computer that was the DRV price sheet at the time we ordered our coach. According to that sheet, if one got the Trail-Aire package, one got the axle air suspension, the air pin box AND the Tri-Glide plate, all for the MSRP of $2502.

So, in fairness, the "package" at $2502 and the Reese 22K fifth wheel would be right around $3500 or so at MSRP. But, I know that the package was probably less than that, due to the fact that few ever really charge MSRP.

It would be interesting to know what the Trail-Aire pin box with Tri-Glide would cost by itself. Then, one could more accurately compare the price of that with the Reese and the TrailSaver with a regular pin box.

Plus, the Reese that I got is still rated higher than the TrailSaver TS3 at 20K, which is the one for regular style pickups.

Plus, I apologize for speaking of the compressor being engine driven. As I said, I've not been getting much sleep for the last week. I was remembering that the MDT's do have engine driven compressors, but that pickups would get one that was 12V. Sorry.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote