View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #55
stanleyz

Yeah. I would have likedsailuns i may have spelled that wrong. Getting a lot of good feedback on them including my tire guy of 20 years at home.

However. Having popped the GY 12 miles from BFE my options were limited. Instead of waiting the required 3 hours for road side I elected to put the spare on myself. A 10 ply truck tire so i wasnt going to go too far onit. When i found the nearest truck tire dealer the only 17.5 they had were the hankooks and they only had 2. So i took those and when i got to wall i got the local tire guy to get me two more. I was in Korea for 13 months in 1962 and I have a soft spot for the country. That does not extend to North Korea.

I did note the absense of a speed rating on the sidewalls but was told 65 which is fine for me. I am absolutly sure both sets of failed GYs were properly inflated at all times. I am equally sure that the new tires will be replaced after 4 years of age regardless of miles. I would suggest that as a good pratice for anyone towing a heavy 5er.
stanleyz is offline   Reply With Quote