View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:34 AM   #7
Bosstweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
You do have enough gen power to do almost everything at the same time--BUT, DRV wires the circuits so they aren't balanced correctly. You should find out what runs on each breaker (circuit)--bet you will find too many items wired to one breaker.
On my '05, I had the same gen--now it is on my '15. On the '05, it ran most things I needed, but just had to be sure that when both ACs were on, that I didn't decide to run the microwave and a blow dryer--I could pull 47 amps without a problem occurring.
How many things do you have on when you are running the gen--anything more than just the 2 ACs?
Wingnut, You are exactly right. I found a generator repair man, showed me that the 20 and 30 amp fuses were not working together. The 20 was getting all of the power use and of course couldn't handle that and tripped. Now, both lines are together, repairman added a jumper wire between the 30 & 20, now power drains are evenly split. The biggest problem with power goes to the residential refrigerator. It kicks on and off throughout the day, using 10-12 amps when it kicks on, so if I'm running 30-32 amps, and the reefer kicks on I'm over the gens limit, primarily due to the initial surge.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.
Bosstweed is offline   Reply With Quote