Thread: Refer
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
jdwilson3

'fridge

Dometic is the one telling folks to upgrade to a 3 amp fuse.

Jerry, I agree with your comment about the poor installation on your unit. I am of the opinion that when constant QC items show up, there is a lack of 2 things at any factory....Supervision and QC inspections and probably a 3rd...no incentive to do the job right. Whoever did not fix what he broke on your reefer probably had no insentive (or care) to stop production to fix it. What the heck, the fans are real quiet when running...you'll never know one isn't working. I was told some time ago that it is cheaper for an RV manufacturer to produce an item with deficiencies and have it repaired under warranty than to stop production to make repairs. That comment was made by an RV manufacturer rep. This is not only a DT issue, but is prevelent across the RV industry. Teton quality has suffered because it is now owned by an investment group and many of the skilled labor has gone to the oil fields in western Wyoming. Travel Supreme, this summer, was a frightening sight at the factory with all of the units back for repair. There was a $700K+ TS Elite in because the inside of the coach had been flooded by both the in floor hydroheat and fresh water lines that had been improperly installed and the slideout cut both lines!

Sorry for the soapbox.