Thread: Electric heater
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #24
Rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmascheck View Post
First is there some way to search the forum before posting? Excuse me for being new, but I cannot find a search bar.

I'm thinking about buying one or two electric heaters for the trailer. I have noticed a couple of Lasko units that have great ratings, but thought others may have a different opinion.

I wish they had 240 volt units, that would sure help on amperage, but I'd have to run a separate circuit. Can it be done? Problems?

I also wonder why the AC's are not 240 volt??

Do some folks have heat pump style AC's. If you have Coleman AC's can they be changed out to heat pumps? Good idea?
I see this thread has changed direction a bit to dryers. While the 50 amp outlet is truly 240 volts across the two hot leads the RV service is split in such a way as you only have 120 volts available in the breaker panel.
I have a 240 volt heat system that has a 5,000 watt heating element.
It is a electric add on unit to the existing gas furnace. It will operate on a 30 amp 120 volt feed at about 1,800 watts.
I is called “Cheap Heat” the cost to install is not cheap, but if you are paying for a site with power it saves propane.
I see the biggest disadvantage is the initial cost.
As most people tend to use electric space heaters to heat with anyway I see this as the safest way to heat with electricity. It also uses the existing heating distribution system. This will provide heat to the basement.
Here is a link to the web site.
http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/#
Rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote