View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60
Okie,
We have had the Carryout for 3 seasons now, and for the most part it does as advertised. To get HD, you have to have the HD receiver, plus both leads in from the satellite. And it needs 12-volt power from an inverter that I plug in inside the service bay. Wires go into the cable and satellite plugs in the service bay and straight to receiver--no splitters. Must use RG6 or better coax--59 won't do. Only real problem is that we don't use the trailer for several months and have to have Dish update the receiver each time--less than a month downtime is ok.
I have 50' of leads and can usually find an opening if it isn't completely canopied. Have had to place it on the roof, on the bed of my truck, on the picnic table, and so on, to find the opening at times. Outside of all that, it finds the satellites and I have HD Dish reception. To get anything local to where I am at, I have to change the 'service address' to the local zip code, then it brings in the major channels.
Would buy again...

When you change the service address does Dish give you a hard time or charge you for making the change & do you move a lot & thus change your service address a lot? I installed a Winegard Traveler a couple of months ago & will be moving soon.
Joe