View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #31
Rockyhud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
I'm with porthole on this. It would seem that in replacing the two hoses one would be able to see where the fault was in the hose. Unless I'm mistaken, there could be only two things happen with a hose. Either air gets sucked into the system or fluid leaks out of the system. If shaking the control box causes it, then it also would seem that air would be allowed into the system rather than fluid leaking out.
I should have been more detailed as the repairs weren't just replacing 2 hoses - it was 7 hoses total which includes the 2 short hoses to connect from the pump to the relocated supply and return manifolds. As for what kind of leaks there were, I know from my own inspections there was fluid leaking out and by extension I'm sure there was air leaking in as well, probably even more so and causing the problems. Most of the leakage was occurring at the hose crimp connections and not the fittings, which they told me in their experience is more common than with threaded fittings, provided the fittings aren't loose. The first photo of the original configuration in my previous post, shows the red ring of fluid at the base of one pump-to-valve block threaded fitting connection. This is one example of leakage where the threaded fitting probably was somewhat loose, due to the vibrations it had to endure. I have several more photos of drops of fluid collected on several hoses, on the bottoms of loops and more near the crimped connector areas - I just didn't include these.

Below is the service work that Trailer Source performed, taken from the invoice, verbatim. BTW, the final cost turned out being lower than their estimate as well, being $1355. All in all, I was impressed with the thorough and logical manner they used to troubleshoot the issue and the fact they were open to my (actually stanleyz's) inputs for testing and incorporated this in their troubleshooting process. I also want to thank stanleyz again for his nice write-up with more precise info to isolate and validate seal problems with the hydraulic rams. That, combined with the knowledge and skills of the personnel at Trailer Source, has me believing the hydraulic system issues this RV apparently had for quite some time have been remedied.

Service Performed (taken from the invoice):
"Tech found hydraulic lines leaking and valve blocks lose pressure in system. Hydraulic lines include 3 retract lines and 2 extend lines. Also found leaks at base of valve block - needs to be moved. Tech advised to move both valve blocks so that they are not resting on the connections and install 2 short hydraulic lines. Tech traced all hoses to destinations and measured for new hoses. Removed valve blocks from pump and relocated return valve block to square tubing above pump. Installed a piece of 4x4 block onto frame above hydraulic system then installed supply valve block onto 4x4 block. Tech had to make new wires for valves from pump solenoid. Started removing all hoses one at a time and replacing each one with new hose. Also installed the 2 short hoses from pump to valve blocks. Ran all hydraulic cylinders to remove air from the system. Tested system again to see if jacks moved. Jacks didn't move and there are no more leaks in system. Let system sit for 72 hours. No movement."
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote