View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
Camr

Hello Jim, Great choice in your consideration of the Tradition. DRV is most certainly one of the better manufacturers. My wife and myself visited almost every manufacturer in the Elkhart, Goshen, Shipshawana area when our previous brand 5th was at the factory for a week for warranty work. DRV was the only plant that offered a tour while the factory was in operation, and was the factory tour that we were most impressed with.
As for what to expect with a new unit, a little bit of everything. We have never had a new coach from any manufacturer that didn't have a water leak of some degree. The new Dometic AC units are made so poorly that it is common on forums to read about AC replacement. Our last coach had Carrier units which lasted for more than 4 years, our Dometic on our new DRV lasted 4 months. There will likely be many small items like drawers that don't close evenly, blinds that go up too slowly, but if you take the small things too seriously you will go crazy.
Here's my suggestions. Firstly, make arrangements to stay 2 nights in your new unit on the dealers lot before leaving. Check EVERYWHERE for water leaks, under sinks, in the basement, tank drain valves, under the coach, everywhere! Sticky drawers are an inconvenience, water leaks must be fixed immediately. Check all electronics, TV, radio, antenna, etc. The Mobile Suites have a very complex audio/video ststem, I am not sure about the Tradition. Check tire pressures and wheel nut torque before leaving the dealership.
Secondly, learn how to fix or adjust as many items and systems as you are capable of. Sooner or later, after the warranty has expired, you will have to track down a water drip, or fix a drawer. The more you can do yourself, the less frustrated you will be "down the road".
If your dealer is too large or too busy to allow you to stay a couple of days in your new coach, try another dealer. Your new coach will be far from perfect, but DRV has an excellent reputation of looking after customers who are reasonable, patient and respectful.
2015 MS 38RSB3 #7272
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote