View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
rogermack50

Boston to Kissimmee, Florida RV Trip Road Stops

Note to all, this is a PDF that I am working up for me and my Brother Bill.
With No Voice i must do up a plan so that he knows what, when, why and how things are happening while I'm driving since I can not just say something. ..There are pictures of every stop, Close up's of every Gas station that looks like it would work but I was unable to add them to this Post as I don't know how to add pictures within them..but at the bottom i give my email address and would be willing to send anyone the full PDF...I'm interested in finding flaws etc before leaving on Saturday Nov 3rd...it is not completed yet as it takes massive research, zooming into google maps, getting correct exits and miles between stops etc.

Note: We will try to stop around every 3 Hours and Switch out and gas up.

1st Stop after departing from Amherst, NH

I-84 Exit 6 Newburgh, NY

Enter this Address into WAZE - 1 Homewood Ave, Newburgh, NY Approx..200 miles 3 ½ Hours

Important Note: After this stop we should know if 200 miles is too much for the Trucks pulling AVA the RV...it is a 36 Gallon Gas tank. So I had planned this using 200 miles at getting approx 10 miles per gallon leaving us a 150 miles to play with.....I won’t adjust to go further because I think 3 hours is far enough for one of us to drive...I will do another plan with 2 hour stops But, more stops = more potential problems!

Gas Tank is on our Drivers Side...

At bottom of the Exit take Left, you’ll see Dunking Donuts which has a Shell Station that looks like it would work out OK for RV if we use the far right pump then circle around the building to leave….

Picture

This is option 2 at the same Exit 6 off of I-84; it has 2 problems, notice how tight the far right pump is because of the little island right next to it, then there isnt a open turn around the building but you have to pull out and hope there is enough room to clear the pumps before turning to the left to leave…

Picture

Second Stop: Exit 77 off of I-81 Route 39 Harrisburg, PA
Pilot Travel Center
Address for Waze GPS: 7961 Linglestown Rd Harrisburg, PA 17112
Approx 211.8 Miles - 3 1/2 Hours

Picture

This is option 2 for Exit 77, TA Harrisburg….
I’m trying to be considerate and thinking of your needs. We could pull into TA see if they offer GAS, most only offer Diesel, either fill up or just go around, cross Route 39 to McDonalds, there looks like plenty of room for the RV to wait until you grab something before either jumping back on I-81 or just continuing to the Pilot down the road for Gas..

Picture

Stop 3: Exit 173 off of I-95.
Approx: 212 miles 3 hours 12 minutes driving time.
Option 1
Address for Waze GPS: 1910 Julian A Allsbrook Hwy, Roanoke Rapids, NC
New Dixie Mart...I checked really close pictures on web, very easy for Truck with Rv, note Cracker Barrel is next door for Supper.

Picture

Stop 3 - Option 2 Right Across the Hwy...

Address for GPS: 1915 Julian R Allsbrook Hwy, Roanoke Rapids, NC

I think we should sleep over here tonight, we have been on the road around 10 or 11 hours and covered 650 miles about 100 miles less than half. There are 3 good options: 1: The Red Inn is located in the picture and has plenty of space to lock up the RV and Truck and get a room.. 2: Walmart Superstore is located behind the Red Inn and they might allow overnight parking thus no motel,I think a good night of rest is more important. 3: Directly across the street from Exxon is a Cracker Barrel, they might allow parking also for Rv’s, but if not I know you like to eat there….

Picture

DAY 2

Stop # 1 – Day 2: Exit 164 Route US 52 off of I-95 in Florence, SC
Approx 212 miles / 3 hours 14 minutes driving time.
Address for Waze GPS: Shell 1832 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC

Option 1: I really think this is our only option as it gives us plenty of room to gas up and either go around the building or in front of the building...the other options are a TA down the street and a Pilot J near it but if you look at the Exxon across the street in this picture there isn’t room to gas and turn around with No way out...which is similar to the TA and Pilot gas stations.

Picture

Stop # 2 - Day 2: Exit 87 I–95 Route 17 Richmond Hill, Ga.
Approx 194 miles / 2 hours 55 minutes driving time
Address for GPS: 400 Brisbon Road, Richmond Hill, Ga

To be continued:

If someday this helps One Single person besides myself I will be extremely happy.

Please feel free to email me at rogermack50@gmail.com if you would like to see the entire PDF with pictures etc, How I devised the plan, what websites i used for mileage between stops, Exits, Gas Stations, Pictures etc (4 different ones)
NOTE: NOT COMPLETED as of yet..but will be completed this week.

I'm looking for flaws etc in my plan.

One thing that would definitely sink me is that I can't get 212 miles out of my 36 gallon gas tank, I will have 2 to 4 - 2 1/2 gallon containers just in case but I would hate to use them on the busy Interstates.
Another would be Google Maps Gas Stations pictured do not have enough room or space to fill up, turn around etc..I immagine a 5th wheelers worst nightmare is getting trapped or blocked in with no way to get out...I am not experienced AT ALL and my neck is fused on one side so I have a limited motion to look around.I guess i could always go to the truck stops near by and unhook each time but what a pain and time killer that would be and hooking up is extremely difficult for me and my Brother has never even driven a 5th wheel. I drove just twice, 2 hours away each time. #nervousashell

Now a Vent: If you think driving without a voice would be tough try having to do that for every person you meet, every conversation you might have, every response , everyday of your life with few patient enough for me to write down a response before moving on to something else leaving me with a note to be scraped or another note explaining what the first note was about like almost every other note written. FRUSTRATING! Thus I spend considerable time alone even though i was the most social person you ever met before Agent Orange took hold of my life.
Enough for the VENTING.
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote