View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #37
rorr1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Rorr, did you do your install?
No I did not do the install but I had to lead the dealer by the hand to get it done. I also had to go back and replace the fuel lines because they used non appoved fuel injection lines. I did have the dealer put in a 15 gal remote upright ECI tank. The dealer did a very poor job. Also I installed a 7kw fuel injection generator rather than a carburetor. That presented a unique problem because after the generator got installed I found out it did not have the evap line as required by DOT. By luck I was able to get in touch with the Onan sales/engineer person who sent be a proto type retro fit part to add the evap line which connects to the carbon canister. So this install was not turn key deal

Ideal fuel tank location would be in the center or rear of the 5th wheel between the rails. However, I could not get any information from DRV on what was located between the rails. So short of dropping the under belly I had no way to find a location. If you have a place, time and help to drop the under belly shield then you might find a place between the rails which will be much better that the storage area. Mounting the tank in the storage area will require you to enclose the area. The main reason is not so much safety but so the gasoline smell does not get into the main storage area. I found even being extremely careful in refueling the tank and not spilling any fuel you will get some minor gasoline smell from the fuel lines and possibly carbon canister. Hot weather bring the smell out more. If you run metal lines then you may not have any smell. I used the best name brand fuel line US made but name just escapes me.

This is my story. Wish you the best.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote