View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
KOZKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Wayne, your Shasta was probably purchased in the neighborhood of 50K or so. A comparable Montana would run in the 70K range and in a DRV about 110K. There is a reason for all this. I'm not saying the worth is comparable, but one certainly is better quality than the other. Overall, you'll get what you pay for.
NO YOU DON’T!! It’s all on an individual basis - thoroughly inspect, if you’re not qualified get someone else to thoroughly inspect it! I met a guy last year that was on his third keystone alpine ($75,000) and it still had problems - the second one he got the slide out actually fell out on the ground! Keystone actually gave this guy two new units because the first one had so many problems. Two weeks ago I saw the same guy at the campground in a Grand Design that was $100,000 (I checked on website) and I witnessed him screaming on the phone about the awning being broken and leaking inside his brand new 5th wheel. He had the maintenance guys from the campground helping him put tarps over top of it!! I’m sorry to say that’s the truth unless you’re buying a custom unit for $400,000+ it’s just the luck of the draw - I’m lucky - my brothers are lucky - my nephew is too, but we all have some small issues they really do make a statement of the random quality of the all these units! I’ve had 2 instances of wiring going bad and finding staples through the wires that slowly worked into a short. My rear axle was bowed and luckily I noticed it before it fell apart they gave me a new one on good faith and said it wasn’t their fault!?!?! Sorry to be a downer but good luck AND I still LOVE my 2018 Keystone Laredo 340FL ($60k)!!! By the way our first trailer was a 2015 Jayco 19 XUD ($14,000) no problems at all for 3 years of heavy usage LOL