View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:34 AM   #6
Begger

Same thing here...

Left the trailer in Idaho, (big shout out to Teton Valley Resort in Victor ID. Thanks for all your support!!!) brought the truck back home, and got with my RV Dealer (another big shoutout to to Mark Kersey and all the folks at Wheels RV in Tontitown AR!) and ordered a new new axle. That axle will come with new hubs, springs, calipers and discs, the whole enchilada. A second identical axle was ordered for $100.00 from Dexter. Both sets of Center Point by TrailAir suspension airbags were also ordered, due to being being damaged by the fire.

The best news is...all but deductible and shipping were covered by Extra-Ride extended warranty. Axles are three weeks out, and will be shipped to ID where I already have a mobile RV service to reinstall. Then it’s a two day road trip out to pickup the trailer and a two day road trip back.

Already bought a new tire and wheel to get the trailer back home. Looking back, it could have been a lot worse.

Most common comment I see about the Nev-R-Lube hubs is that they work well and generally last a long time. In our case, over 12 years and an unknown number of miles. But when they do fail, they tend to fail somewhat spectacularly. And sooner or later, they WILL fail.

Just wanted to provide an update.
2007 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3520
"Waitin' for someday..."
Begger is offline   Reply With Quote