View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
lseiger

Hi,

We have a 2007 MS 32TK3 that we purchased new. We are full-timers so we do put quite a few miles on the rig. Back in March 2011 we had the same thing happen to us. Loud explosion and tremendous smoke; no flames.

At the time we had the axle replaced and other parts that were damaged. Cost us $2850.00 and three weeks in Quartzsite, AZ.

In may of 2017 I decided to have all four bearings replaced. Found out that the bearings were not available anymore because of premature failures. Lippert had an offer at the time that if we purchased one new axle that they would provide the second one for no cost. I jumped on that. The new axles/hubs are greaseable.

Now the really good news, when the axles arrived there were complete with new springs, disk brakes, hubs, etc. A completely new undercarriage.

I was told that the Nev-R-Lube design did not allow for the torque that is applied to the hubs when backing at tight angles. New-R-Lube type bearings are being used on driver wheels with no problem because the wheels turn independently of the vehicle. The total cost was slightly more than $1000.

Larry in Spokane
lseiger is offline   Reply With Quote