View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
We’re pulling out in the morning. Supposed to be heavy rains and downright miserable starting tonight. My question is can I button everything up today, hook up then USE MY AUTOLEVEL SYSTEM and slide everything back out while hooked up or will it put too much of a bind on my hitch?
We’re currently head high so my king pin sits about 6” above my fifth wheel while level.
Thanks, Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
Thanks. My screen is completely different. It’s all touchscreen now. It did help though. I found manual mode. I’ll see how it works later today.
I frequently do this, usually just using the manual mode.

My hitch is an airbag hitch and from empty to the full inflated position I have about 6+ inches of height adjustment. And my truck is air suspension that I can dump. Between the two I can almost alway level the trailer when connected.

And If I did not have the nose height adjustment I would still use the the leveling for side to side use.

You would have to experiment to see what works best with your hitch - truck.
Typically I use the front jacks first to set some weight on them and then level side to side with the rear jacks.

Doing it this way keeps a load on the front jacks as they will float when leveling side to side.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote