Thread: 36 tk3
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #24
clev

At the risk of being ridiculed, I'll weigh in. I have a 2012 F350 KR, LB, SRW, 3.55's, with GVWR of 11.5k. The rear tires were 275/65/20's with max load of 3750 each. Towing capacity is listed at 15.7k and GCWR is 23.5k; my trailer is a 2017 36RSSB3 and was delivered at 16.3k pounds; overloaded from the beginning. Before I get flamed on numbers, I know that the GV and GC numbers are written in stone and cannot be changed, but due to Fords 2017 ratings, I disagree with that. I got rid of the sofa and theater seating and that dropped the tlr weight about 400 pounds; the replacements are barely over 100. I replaced all tires with 295's rated at 4080 pounds each and increased my load capacity by 330 pounds per tire; 1320 pounds total. I have added air bags at all 4 corners with onboard wireless compressor, the best Bilstien shocks and steering stabilizer, 1 3/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, trannie and diff covers for added fluid capacity and cooling, all fluids are synthetic, and programming to increase hp and torque. My truck is set up for towing better than the '17, but my truck is 'overloaded' by Ford's towing standards. Earlier in this year, I came across I-10 west through LA and had a north to south crosswind of ~35 mph, had no trouble, and wouldn't have known that I had the crosswind except for the news reports and trees and grass blowing on the road side. In July, I was in the mountains of Wyoming and SD; again, no trouble climbing or descending mountains. Braking? The trailer has disk brakes and stops before the truck brakes engage. I am perfectly safe and the numbers.......are just numbers.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote