View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Motor31

I called Lippert again to see if they had a line on a service center and to confirm the length of their warranty. The warranty is 5 years from date of manufacture to original owner only. Another note is that the hoses are NOT covered under the warranty as they are made on site by DoubleTree. Fortunately hoses aren't real tough to make and if there is a hydraulic shop in the area you should be able to get one fabricated fairly easily and cheaply.

I got a different person this time a gent. named Lee. We talked about a couple of issues and he is certain it's due to the seep at the main jack valve block. It's the red one in the pump area. It's uncertain if it's due to the hose leaking at the fitting, the fitting leaking or if the elbow was loose in the block. The main thing was the length of time the jacks take to drop. We got a half bubble drop in just under 2 months on the front jacks. Lee indicated that if the legs had a seal bypassing pressure the front of the trailer should drop significantly (to the ground) overnight. The valve block seal failure is a very unusual situation. He said the very slow drop is almost certainly a seep / leak. I checked all of the legs, front and back and tightened hose fittings. The next thing is to thoroughly clean any oily hose ends and see if it leaks any more at any location. The main jack valve block hadn't seeped all day but It may take a couple days to see if it is still not holding.

I'm crossing my fingers at this time.

The idea I had on holding the front jacks up was simple. I got a couple heavy 4" worm drive clamps on each leg above the double thick end of the outer housing. I then got a short length of wire cable and routed it through the hole in the bottom of the leg above the flat plate making a closed loop. When I raise the legs I hook the loop through a threaded loop that is secured by the hose clamps. That is more than enough to hold the legs in place since mine are not pinned. I am guessing that the pinned leg option is a result of this kind of situation and was a later option.

I'll see if I can take a picture or two of the leg retainer later on. It's easier to show that than it is to describe it verbally.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote