View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
porkchop

We were in Howe yesterday. There were 2 DRV's parked in their lot and 3 across the road at Cruiser's parking lot. We all, and around 10 other people were there to tour the factory. If you've never done it, it's well worth the time. Every Tuesday AM at 08:30.
Sure answered a lot of my questions about how and why things are done the way they are. They will pretty much do anything you want. There were a dozen or more units being built with all sorts of modifications.
I'm no longer worried about my batt insulation falling down while I drive down the road. And I can not for the life of me figure out how 1 got out of there with no insulation in several areas. They will answer ANY question that anyone asks. And explain how and why.
I was compleately impressed. I asked at the end to talk to a customer service man to get a few questions regarding a few problems I was having. They put me with "Jimmy". He came into our unit and answered my questions and offered some advice on lots of things I did not even ask. He looked under my unit and was not very impressed with the job of using duct tape to tape the underbelly together after a repairman had opened it up a while back.
He said "We can't have one of our units going down the road looking like that!"
When we left he had given me a roll of Eternabond, 2 tubes of caulk and an assortment of other things and more technical maintenance advice than I could digest. All for free. That is customer service.
I spent almost 4 hours there looking in, under and over everything I could. Every employee would take time with me when I asked a question.
The tour guide (sorry, I do not remember his name) brought up Paul Cross's company and several I was not fimiliar with. He said they all got their start working for DRV and they were more than happy to recommend their shops for any work to be done. Pretty strong recomendation.
Before any one asks again, NO. I do not work for DRV or any dealer. Neither does anyone in my family. Nor anyone I know. I am a retired truck driver and electrical engineer from Nebraska. I am 61 years old, have been married for 44 years to the same saint. (You do the math) With 3 daughters, 9 grands and 2 great grands. We both retired 4 years ago. Still own the farm and feed yard. Figured it was time to let the kids do the work while we traveled.
Hope this enough to prove me innocent. Just a satisfied customer.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote