Thread: Skylight
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Okie

Skylight

After a 1/2 " rain in 20minutes I found water on the floor near the shower at the top of the steps. Checking farther I found that my skylight was cracked at two corners. I ordered a new one from the local dealer and got a new one (skylight) two weeks later. While in the process of changing it out I discovered that 12 out of the 30 screws that hold it in place were screwed down so far that they made circle cracks around the screw heads and the cracks spread from there. I am surprised that it didn't start leaking before. As I was taking the goop off I decided to check and make sure all the screw hole lined up on the new skylight and found that they didn't. Then farther checking revealed that the new and old skylight were not the same size. The old one is 5/8" wider and 1/2 inch longer. After a lot of stammering and stuttering from the dealer I sent a note off to DVR.
My question is, has anybody else worked or worked around this problem? Should I fill in the holes and put in the new one?? I hope not but I guess I will find out from DVR (I hope).

Okie
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote