Thread: Just got one!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
pascaldemo

Rd & GJ,
Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will love your new Jazz as much as we do!

The Jazz doesn't come with an extended pin, it actually sets a little behind the end of the 5th wheel plus my Dodge Ram has a short bed...that's why we elected to go with the PullRite Super Glide with Slider...I also have a tool box in the bed as well. As mentioned previously we are taking it on our Maiden Voyage next week for the real test but I don't expect any surprises in terms of turning capabilities. I have tested it by hand and there doesn't seem to be any problems, plus I went over this extensively with the person who installed the hitch who has been doing installations for 25 years. You will have to install a plate to the pin system which comes with the PullRite when you order it, mine was bolted and then welded on by the dealer.

Good idea on the spray on bed liner. I had mine done also which makes for a much nicer and more secure hitch installation.

Lake Casitas in located in Ojai, CA, about 45 minutes from us and have plans to camp at Lake Cachuma (about 30 minutes away) & Jalama Beach (about an hour away)...can't wait!

Hope everything is working out well for you, keep us all posted (all?).
Pete & Deb
pascaldemo is offline   Reply With Quote