Thread: Rocking rv
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
rdunk

Quote: "We're new to this. Is there anything I can do to minimize this? I leveled with front jacks and then rear jacks until they lifted rv a little. Not enough to effect level. Tightened chocks".
.................................................. ..........................................
For four years I have put the rear jacks down pretty much as J D Wilson said - that is, lower them until they have just hit the ground tightly. I was concerned about putting too much weight on them. Yes, there was usually some shaking, with the DW griping about it.

I recently had some work done on the MS. While there, I asked about what was the right way to put the rear jacks down. While I won't mention the person's name, suffice it to say this person I asked has direct first hand knowledge of the Mobile Suites, and should be able to easily answer a question like this. His response was, "I lower the rear jacks until I see the rear of the MS raise about two inches". He also said that this two inches of lift at the rear would not bother the frame.

Well, the last several times I have set-up, that is what I have done. I look toward the rear, find a point on the ground to gauge the rear lift, and engage the rear jacks until I see about 2 inches lift. That does lessen the trailer shaking, and even the spin cycle of the washing machine is considerably better relative to the shaking.

Soooooooooo, I guess one could say, that after over four years of fulltiming in a Mobile Suites, I have finally learned how to at least set up the rear jacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol

I hope this helps, if you decide to try it!!

P.S. - I do this before the slides go out. I wouldn't redo it with the slides out. For a redo, I would bring the slides in first, reset the rear jacks as stated, and then put the slides back out.

And yes, low TrailAir Center-Point air likely would cause the trailer to be more bouncy!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote