Thread: Fridge Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
keithandpenne

Fridge

Robert, thanks for your input. I did not intend to take over Mikeys thread, but our problem is sounds very much like his and wanted to try and get a complete record of troubleshooting in one place.

Rotaxman, thanks for your pm and suggestions and have observed the same.

Todays update:
As of late yesterday afternoon, our fridge box temp had only dropped to 52.3 after unplugging the thermistor from the control box terminals P2. The fan was not running, so I unplugged the fan control switch and direct wired the ends together so that the fan runs constant.

As of now, the fridge box temp has dropped to 36.1. The thermistor is still unplugged and the fan is still wired to run constant.

Still not sure what the actual fault is, but I'm betting it is not the $2000 cooling unit. It could be the thermistor but I need to determine if it is a normally open or closed or if works off of a variable resistance caused by a temperature change. It could be the fan switch and I will check it further with a heat gun and thermometer. It could be the circuit board and there is a test point wire but my owners manual does not give any details on how to check it.

I called the Mobile Suites dealer in Corpus and they said that if we would bring it in, they would gladly check it out. Upon my saying we were full-timers and staying at Port Aransas for the summer, they said they would have their mobile tech call and set up an appointment to come out and look at it.

At least we have been able to cool off the adult beverages and other food for now.

Mike, have you been able to find out the problem on yours?
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote