View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Motor31

Da Wds,

I think you need to look inside the pocket door opening for the center of the street side slide. Push the doors to the side (left) and look at the bottom of the slide wall there just behind where the sink is. There is an piece of angle aluminum there. That is whet the slide actually has in contact with the rollers in the center of the slide itself. If that angle aluminum (about 3" to each side) has come loose from the wall the slide now has the weight of the center resting on the cheap thin plywood they used to make the partial wall surrounding the center pocket door. This is very ungood and will destroy the slide and floor if left in that condition. That angle aluminum is only held in place by screws to the wood behind the sink. In our case only 3 small screws and the heads of all the screws popped off letting the angle aluminum move to the left away from the wall and out from between the center wall and rollers.

I had this happen to me and had to fix it myself when the dealer in Montana said he had a 3 month waiting list for non buyers in his area.

I pulled the pocket doors out of the wall and set them aside. I then used a hammer to beat the aluminum back in position. I had access to a 90 degree drill and used 6 heavier self tapping screws to lock the angle aluminum in place. I had a post with pix about that repair a couple years ago. It may still be on the board.

If you have the means to raise the sldie a bit in the center it will be a lot easier to put that aluminum in position.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote