Thread: Notchless seal
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
rotaxman

Nothless seal

Hi Don

First off let me tell you about talking to Dan and Tom they both don't have a clue about anything to do with these seals. I had the same conversation with Dan a year ago and they just flat don't know what they are talking about. Dan was adamant with me about being in on the ground floor of designing this poor design.

When I had the dealer get my seal I was sent a long roll of seal material I have enough seal left to make another one when this one wears out. So all that bull about the replacement seal not extending out to the ends is just that a bunch of bull.

Also all that bull they are running about not being able to adjust the height of the seal to reduce the sweep is also just that BULL. I have mine with a butt seal straight up against the bottom of the slide and I did away with the poorly engineered s bend at the ends and I can say for a fact that my seal now is 100 percent better than it was when it left DT. As a matter of fact I had made up my mind if I couldn't resolve this poor design that the trailer was going I couldn't see paying 1700.00 dollars for the thermo pane windows and having wind, bugs, air and daylight coming in under my kitchen slide. Kinda defeated the purpose of the high dollar heavy windows. The roller/ slide design was a poor design from the get go my seal does not contact the rollers but just for over kill I made up some brackets that I pop riveted to the front of roller brackets which will keep the seal from ever coming in contact with the rollers no matter what.

I've said this before and I'll say it again now the slide should of ramped in the first place which would of been a much much better design. They don't have the engineering talent to do that.

Sorry for getting on the soapbox but I become aggrivated when I hear the kinda BS that those two lakeys run at DT. I know I'll get jumped on for this post but I'm telling it like it is.

Again sorry for the rant I'll try and do better

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

No, Just Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS