Thread: Notchless seal
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
rotaxman

Notchless seal

Hey All

I just started the installation of my notchless seal on the kitchen slide this afternoon. It is going to a pretty good job I spent the better part of 4 hours just getting the old seal off and planning on how I'm going to install the new one.

As usual the engineering department at DT failed miserably on the design. The seal could have been easily kept off of the rollers by the installation of a simple small metal piece to keep it from being able to get caught between the rollers and the slide. I am going to fabricate and install the metal pieces tomorrow after I go pick up the material to make them.

Might of been able to to just go ahead with the installation but I figured while I've got it this far apart why not go ahead and add some extra insurance against any future problems.

It was pretty difficult to get the screws out of the end pieces that tuck up inside the coach. I think there is a better way to reinstall the new seal that will work much better than the factory installation. My unit is 2403 an 06 36TK3 there were 4 screws on the rear end of the slide ( one of which was not screwed into anything) and 3 on the front end of the slide. They were more difficult than the rear one's because of the pantry blocking access to the area where the screws are. Also so far I have found that one of the jam nuts on the roller on the slide toward the front was not tight and would allow the adjustment to drift so far mine has not moved but I will check the rest of them and lock down all that need it.

Sorry for the long post maybe it will be of some use to you that are contemplating doing the install yourself. It won't be impossible but it will take some time and patience make sure you are going to have good weather for a couple of days and you should be alright.

As always good camping

Jerry and Joyce
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750