View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Gemstone

In case anyone is looking....ebay had some new Penguin/low profile models listed, via Family RV in New Port Richey, FL...I spoke to Mark at at Family RV @ 727 389 0134. He did not have a 13.5K unit for my bedroom, however after conferring with Dometic he offered to order one at $50 over cost....for $684, with a new thermostat for $84 and ship it to Yuma for $125. Apparently Dometic has changed the package, and with the new low profile A/C units you either need to remove and replace the new control board with your old one, or change thermostats, then get a new board for your other A/C.
I was able to get an A/C in Yuma for about the same total money, and will use the control board from my defective A/C. I'll report back when the project is complete and comment further on the need for the board replacement.

As we've all discovered, Dometic has a policy where they will only sell to/ship to a verified dealer with a commercial address, thus they are able to build a moat around their outrageous pricing.

Regards
Gemstone