Thread: Bad workmanship
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
Motor31

Nope you aren't the only one by a long shot unfortunately. I have changed my opinion about "Amish craftsmanship". I have told folks after the experience I have had with this rig that were I to get a stick house and the builder said he was using "Amish craftsmen" to construct it that I would fire the builder on the spot.

FWIW I have very few of the original drawer rollers in the rig at this time. I have been replacing them as soon as I see little silver ball bearings on the floor near any of them. I have yet to replace one that I redid with a hardware store replacement set.

I don't even want to talk about my opinion for how they "anchored" some of those original drawer track sets.

I have also had to redo the closet full length shelf on the kitchen side last month. They used a single (1) screw to hold up the shelf where it comes in contact with the frame next to the sliding door. The original small diameter screw sheared allowing the shelf to sag towards the sliding door. It let our "stuff" on the shelf slide forward blocking the door so it was very hard to get it open to see what the problem was.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote