Thread: Bad workmanship
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
RickandJanice

I am not defending DRV or any other RV manufacturer, but I think we all need to realize that the RV and Mobile home industry has always revolved around cutting cost and weight. I personally feel that DRV makes one of the best 5th wheels on the market, but they do have a tendency to cut corners just like all of the RV manufacturers and this also shows insoem of the workmanship. Yes, this is disappointing, but considering the industry, somewhat expected. DRV has done allot over the few years they have been in business to make their units more serviceable and user friendly but at the same time, they have cut cost in some other areas to keep them affordable. I do wish DRV look closer at the workmanship on the factory floor because this could resolve allot of the issues we all find aggravating. That said, we are still very happy with our unit and plan on keeping it for a long time. Besides, most of the workmanship related issues have been worked out so why start over again!
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote