View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
rdunk

re: all of the above--------

It is interesting that we RV'ers become so smart that we begin to know more about things like tire inflation than does the tire manufacture -

Seriously, as at least some of you know, Goodyear provides load/inflation tables for their tires, including the 17.5 inch follower trailer tire. Goodyear does recommend various inflation amounts on this tire, depending upon the actually load to be carried by the tire. Of course, we RV'ers each must decide for ourselves what PSI's we want to carry, if our actual loads are significantly under the tire max load rating.

Using the Goodyear tire inflation chart, and my load weights, I determined my actual tire loads are significantly under the max load rating. I calculated that I could significantly reduce my tire PSI, and still have a very very safe tire load margin. But, after going through all of the numbers, I finally decided to just reduce my tire inflation from 125 psi to 120 psi. Not very scientific, but I am more comfortable at not being at the absolute max tire PSI. Then, that is just me, .........and Goodyear!

Good luck!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote