Thread: Backup Camera
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #13
sr

I was afraid that it would be to far and to many walls/Aluminum for the signal to penetrate. On the Streetside slide, there is a wiring harnes that goes from the frame up to your entertainment center/Kitchen appliance. I'm not sure what model you have, but on the Select TK3, the harness is at the back of the slide, so it will pretty easy to fish up into the entertainment center. Yes it worked pretty good where I placed the transmitter temp. The picture that shows on the receiver in the T0w Vehicle is the actual picture that is being transmitted from the camera that is temporarily on the back of the couch. There should be no difference when I thread the cable through the slide and mount the transmitter on the wall with velcro. I also plan on installing a switch to switch off the power to the transmitter since I will be splicing into the 12volt power from the antenae booster.

I would think if there was a way to keep the Transmitter from the elements, it would be even better placed on the outside of the RV's.

Let me know what you finally do.

I should have mine installed sometine next week.
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote