View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #34
rorr1821

Ram Truck

I had a 2016 DRV and 2016 Ram P/U 1 ton dually. The Ram is the best tow vehicle on the market. Almost all of your commercial people who tow trailers from Indiana manufacturing plants to dealers use Ram P/U.

You need to careful considerion to how you equip your truck with options. I recommend the air leveling system, puck system for the bed, Cummins HO engine, and the Aisin transmission as a minimum. The rear end ratio will determine your maximum legal tow weight. I would go with the 4.10. You can go to the web where Ram publishes charts showing all the spec’s.

Spec out your truck before you go to the dealer. DO NOT DEPEND ON ANYTHING A SALES PERSON TELLS YOU ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED. YOU TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT. Do not compromises on what you need.

Ram just announced at the Detroit trade show that the new 3500 Ram P/U will tow 35,100 lbs when properly equipped. Ram P/U is a work horse.

Also do not take the word of the RV dealer or manufacture when it comes to weigh issues. Do not be deceived by a person or dealership claiming to be a Christian. I am a Christian and Bible talks about the wolves in sheep’s clothing. Make them take the unit to a scale. Remember the differance between the dry weight and the gross vehicle weigh determines your cargo carrying capacity. When you add water, cloths, food, passengers, propane, and stuff the weight adds up quick.

Enjoy your unit.

Ray
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote