View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #20
wingnut60
Site Team

At this point, porkchop certainly has the background to be a positive contributor to the forum discussions. A second-time owner, probably 65 or older and able to live comfortably, I gather from his reply. I would have accepted most of his comments at face value except for the strongly-worded way he put it, and with his lack of previous postings on the forum, it got my attention and I, too, felt like pushing back.

I have had little trouble with my 2nd-hand '05--the windows were replaced by Hehr recently without charge, but they sent no parts to space them vertically correct. Thus, I have an appt at DRV to re-glaze them soon. I also have an appt with Cross to do some mods to my kitchen counter that my wife wants to have done. So, guess I will find out first-hand about the service both DRV and Cross will provide.

But, it does seem that DRV has had its share of long-term recurring problems, maybe in reality probably no more than any other manufacturer.
The plastic elec/propane line supports for the slides come to mind--that should have been remedied the second year the complaints started coming in. Another is the "drop" by the hydraulic pump that happens every time I try to raise the front of the trailer. (on the fix list at DRV soon)--maybe they have been quick to fix/repair for some, but they don't seem to be proactive at changing known design faults...

As on most other forums, you hear most from the problems people have--we are not prone to just write a post telling what a wonderful unit we have. Keep up with any of the diesel forums to see what I refer to.

porkchop, hope you stay on and help all us make our trailers and DRV better.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote