Thread: Dometic Fridge
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #26
Free To Roam

They replaced the seals TWICE, and both were a joke. Moisture inside the cabinet was, for lack of a technical term, like a rainforest.
Water dripped from the top, inside if the cabinet, all the shelves were dripping, the freezer would loose product stored next to the door, and, there would be heavy icing on the cooling fins of the fridge section, the freezer had to be defrosted weekly, and to top it off, so much warm outside air mixed with cold air from inside, escaping, and, it occured in the area of the switch that controls the door water, it caused the switch to fail, the water in the door came on full force, and it could only be shut off by the valve under the sink...
The company replaced the cooling unit, why I will never figure, it was, and is a seal issue, they simply do not seal, due to poor design.
I had the extra warranty, not that it made mcuh difference, as the unit was still on the original factory warranty, but, at any rate, I squalked and hollered, excessively!
Two weeks ago, they replaced the WHOLE THING!
I have not been in the unit since, we summer on a houseboat in Kentucky, and, it is sitting in Indiana. I have had a neighbor go in and check it to be sure it is OK, and all seems well at this point. We will have to get back and use it to be able to tell if it actually is better. I tend to think it will be, asthey have redesigned the hinges, they now use gravity, and the weight of the door to effect a seal.
When we get back, and have a chance to use it, I will post an update as to the improvement, or, lack of...
Thanks!