View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #9
Snidely Whiplash

Bob, I probably have not been as clear as I should be. With regard to Rolling Retreats the following is my opinion:

"I don't mean to bad-mouth anyone, but I see some of the prices listed and paid for the most highly regarded dealership on the forum and I'm dumbfounded at how much people will overpay for an RV because the dealership owners are nice to them. When I buy I don't care how nice the dealer is to me, I want the best price, period."

Additionally, what I posted earlier:

"I bought from a dealer VERY close to the factory ..."

Take my opinion for what it's worth to you, I know it won't be popular with many here.

FYI (and I'm not recommending this particular dealership) I found the model you're looking for at Kansas RV Center in Chanute KS with an MSRP of $149,379.00. I think you would be able to negotiate a $105,00 price pretty easily (30% off of MSRP) but you would need to convince them you're a serious buyer and will purchase quickly.

Any dealer should be able to order your particular build and negotiate a good price for you if they know it won't have to sit on their lot (costing them interest) and that you're a serious buyer. I have never had any luck doing the "Internet price request" thing. It results in a semi-canned response and middle of the road pricing that isn't appealing to me. Get several prices from dealers and negotiate with the top 2 or 3. The number one issue that will benefit you most is to get them to understand you're a serious (but not unknowledgeable or desperate) buyer. That's the key.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote