View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
Snidely Whiplash

I don't know about the prices you've listed above. It doesn't really matter for my purposes, and really shouldn't for you either.

You want to focus on the build and options you want, determine the MSRP for your unit, and deduct a minimum of 30%. I would shoot for slightly more of a discount if I was not trading a coach and even more if the dealer were ordering the unit and didn't have to factor any interest (floor plan expense) for a unit sitting on their lot. Maybe around 35% if both of those were relevant factors. I also would seek prices on the build I wanted from several dealers and then I would negotiate with the top 2 or 3 low "bids". I would do what I had to in order to convince them I was a serious buyer - I explained I was willing to put down a 10% cash deposit at the time the order was finalized and placed with the manufacturer (or more if they would pay me a moderate rate of interest). And make sure when you're negotiating, you want nothing from them but the final out the door price - no changes or surprises later, and when you make a deal you want that final price in writing.

When I bought, I didn't concern myself with buying from a local dealer. That may be important to some but I wanted the best price, period. I full-time in my unit so a "local" dealer wouldn't be local anymore immediately upon my purchase so it didn't matter. Also, if your not full-time, you have to figure things only break when you use them, so odds are you'll have problems requiring dealer service when you are away on a trip, traveling, vacation, etc. so the local dealer service argument didn't work for me.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote