View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #11
porkchop

This thread is interesting to me as we purchased our 5th DRV a month ago.

I requested quotes from the largest dealers around on the exact speced unit and received fairly quick responces from all.

The absolute highest price was from Kansas, by multible thousands. And he quoted "price firm".

RR was in the middle, but she had included some options not requested and it was hard to figure the correct price.

The best price by far came from Karen at RVs for less. The unit she had was on her lot and included a few things I had not speced, but wanted anyway. Great to work with.

As things were about to end with a trip south, a dealer only 30 miles from me, whom I had bought our very first from called and wanted to talk. He had a brand new 2014 unit sitting on his lot yet, and 2016s coming. We worked out a deal for probably the best discount ever! The unit was short a few things, but had several things I did not want but can live with. Outside TV heading the list. Last week of July I will be at the factory adding the things we wanted and a small fix it list. Biggest thing on the list is the TV does not lift high enough for the remote to work well. Easy fix I think.

Purchasing local was a benefit, but really location does not matter. Over the years we have found DRV to above expectations in every case. They have allowed payment to mobile techs and to dealers who do not sell their product. Besides the fact that we love the product the excellent customer service is what keeps us coming back.

I figure we have enough time left for 1 more for sure and hopefully 2!

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote