View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
Willym

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
Thank you again. I received a price from RVs for Less over the internet but it was not priced as sharp as the formula you referenced above. Were you happy with your price from Alicia and did you feel it was the best from the dealers you contacted? I am on side with you in terms of selecting a dealer based on price instead of location. I live in near Toronto Ontario Canada. We have 1 dealer with a province (state) of 15 million people My wife and I will be travelling in the states so we will probably always be close to a DRV dealer. I really appreciate your help as I will probably have to spend $120,000 in the end as we are looking at a loaded 41RBBS4 with generator etc
Bob
Just noticed this post. We went through the buying process last spring. We found the model we liked at an RV show in Texas. We then emailed several dealers - mostly in the US for quotes after determining the options we wanted. We also requested trade in allowances for our then current trailer. We got a competitive price from the Ontario dealer - after the trade in. Most of our quotes were within a few thousand dollars of each other. We ended up buying in Ontario as we then did not have to go through the import process and we only paid sales tax on the net price of the trailer after the trade in was deducted. if we had imported a new model, we'd have paid tax on the cost of it - with no allowance for the trade in. If you have no trade in. then you may save a few bucks by going south. However we got a good price from the Ontario dealer as he knew we were getting quotes in both countries.

Since we purchased we have had only one set of warranty work done and that was done by Paul Cross in Indiana on ur way home from Texas this spring.