View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
layne

We had a problem at first with one of the smart sensor boxes and Steve called the factory where they walked him through re-connecting cables from one source to another. The guy who does the electronics is Terry and he's really good about telling you exactly how to do something. I guess he's still there. I will tell you how they are going now, but don't think it will help because of the way he had to by-pass the box. (We had to have some of those connector cables that have red and yellow ends on them that plug up.)

This is the way it's working right now:

Winegard box is on with the Main TV pushed to TV Ant; VCR pushed to TV Ant; TV2 pushed to TV Ant

Highes Satellite box is power on.

Smart Source 100HD is off with no green lights burning
Smart Source 200--green lights on Sat for TV1, TV2, TV3, TV4

The AV unit can be off or on as can the Sony DVD player. We leave ours on because we play music a lot of times, but it doesn't have to be on for the TV to work.

Steve put a hole with a vent in the wall because everything in there gets really hot and then he seperated the units with pieces of wood and velcro so they could get some air. We are still puzzles over how to play a movie in the bedroom and have satellite in the living room and also if a DVD can play without surround sound. These are questions we will be asking when we go to the factory for repair on May 8th.

I can't say enough good about how patient Terry was with us and how well he knew he stuff about the entertainment center.
layne is offline   Reply With Quote