View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
2 DA WDS

And heres another FYI.

Weekend before last I was replacing the electric wall switch for the water heater with one that had a 'pilot' light on it so I would know for sure when it was on. I needed some wire nuts because there was an extra wire that was attached to the hot 'feed' wire so I just left it hanging until last Thursday when we would be back out to leave Friday morning for the Chicago area. Since my last RE3 burned we decided to not leave the gas on and just run the fridge on electric. Well when we arrived Thursday the 'check' light was on the fridge and it was 80 degrees inside. We lost some food and I turned on the gas and it started running. I finally got around to finishing the wireing on the water heater and a light bulb went on, the one in my head. I remembered from replacing the switch on our last one that the 'extra' wire on the water heater swith is the power for the fridge.
DOH!!!!
So the moral of this story is that your water heater and refrigerator both run off the same 15 amp breaker!!?? I would think that they should each have their own.
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote