View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
anijet

I have it on 5 mostly for trobleshooting. I want it to be in cooling mode as much as possible. We were in Tulsa for 4 nights and one day it was 107* with more humidity than we are use to. Today we traveled from Tulsa to Branson. The fridge started out at 34* and was 48* when we arrived. About a 4 hour trip. I pulled the lower cover when we set up and felt the burner can. It was hot like a hot oven. I didn't remove my foil shield to visually check the flame but I'm convinced it was burning. It's around 8pm and it's down to 34*.

Before we left on this trip I installed two new thermal disc switches on the condensor coil to control both exhaust fans mounted horizontal between the upper and lower vent covers. Both fans run most of the time since the new switches are 100*F. I also bought an inside fan to help circulate the inside air past the cooling fins which should aid in bringing down the temp quicker.

Since this problem seems to have started after installing the new thermal switches I think I will disable the exhaust fans for the next leg and see what happens. I didn't think this could be the reason because these fans should run any time the unit is cooling and the condensor is hot, traveling or not.
anijet is offline   Reply With Quote