Thread: Underbelly
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
rotaxman

Underbelly

I finally got the wiring done for the Ultra twin two electric stab jack and have started putting the insulation back up I am also adding three rolls of R 19 insulation which I feel will help the coach a lot. DT didn't put near what they should have in the belly.

Also while I was looking things over I noticed that the welding was very very poor a cross member had one of the vertical round rods broken away from the bottom of the joist.

Also I noticed that on the bottom square tubing of the frame that about the last 6 or 8 feet was a butt joint to the rest of the lower square tubing running to the front of the trailer. Not surprising that DT dosen't want a hitch that will pull any amount of weight attached to that tube.

Also the silicone caulking that they use between the frame tubes and between the trailer and where it sets on the fram was poorly done I have purchased new silicone caulk and plan on doing the job the right . I could see lots of light coming in along the seems where this caulk was applied. Especially where the wiring exits from the underbelly to the slides.

I gotta hurry may not have the trailer back together in time to make the rally can't seem to get it to stop raining here long enough to get anything done.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750