View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
TGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspman View Post
Need some opinions

I have a 08 shortbox, ext cab LMM that I have had since 2010. It currently has 134k miles and is rust free and mechanically in real good shape. I have in the last year did the DPF delete, new 5in stainless exhaust, EFI live and a CTS edge monitor, EGR is turned off, completely new brakes and ALL Fluids.... again (synthetic).

This coming year it will be ball joints & front end, serp belt and pully's. Maybe Rad hoses... they seem good but ?
Tranny is nice and tight

Wife and I are planning our 1st "pre-retirement trip" to Gulf Shores, AL in April 2021. We have a 2019 Keystone 33 ft "Half Ton" 5th wheel that we will be pulling.

Q: Due to the trucks age, is it wise to take it on such a trip and prolly more in the future after that or is it time for a newer truck.
really like this one though
We have a stock "no mods" 09 LMM 3500 with 125k on the speedo pulling an 08 Montana 3400RL other than a couple of minor electronic bugs it has been relatively trouble free. Regular maintenance is the key to reliability, I have a lot of confidence in the truck and wouldn't hesitate taking it to Gulf Shores, or pretty much anywhere for that matter.
TGK is offline   Reply With Quote