Thread: Just got one!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
pascaldemo

rd & gj,

Sounds like you have really done your homework...you know more about the Jazz than I do.

We started seriously looking at 5th wheels about 6 months ago. Read all the books, talked to all the right people, joined all the right forums. Oddly enough Jazz was the very first one we looked at but held off purchasing because we felt we didn't know enought about 5th wheels to make a good decision. We also liked the Crossroads Cruiser and were going to buy it but decided to go back and look at the Jazz one more time. Well, needless to say we bought the Jazz! My wife (Debbie) just loved the inside because of the spacious U shaped kitchen, enoumous amount of storage, fabric (Forrest) and yes, the two closets on each side of the bed. She also liked the fact that it is 28 ft., she was a little nervous about pulling anything too big and the single slide out, nothing too heavy.

I liked it because of everything above and the way they finished the interior with care and attention to detail. Thor has been around since the 70's and have a fine reputation for quality and service. I spoke to the Service Manager and the Parts Manager and they both told me they love the way Thor response to their requests about parts and warranties issues (we opted for the 7 year extended warranty). We bought it from Stier's RV in Ventura, CA which is about 30 minutes from us. I also like the fact they are affiliated with Freedom Roads which has 100's for facilities across the U.S. and Canada.

We are going on our Maiden Voyage next week for about 4 days to Casitas Lake in Ojai, not too far away for the first one... I will post the outcome of that when we return.

Good luck on your decision and let us all know about it when you do.
Pete DeMatteo
pascaldemo is offline   Reply With Quote