View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #7
fjr vfr

Here are some more points of interest.

First your 1950 lbs does not officially change when you ad air bags or Sumo Springs, etc. They do increase load carrying, but you are over the official spec limit.

Along with your cargo limit it should list somewhere your axle limits. This is important.
My front axle weight didn't change on the CAT scale with the trailer connected. Stay well under these limits. They are more important than the cargo limit.

The hitch weight on the sticker of the trailer is as it left the factory empty. An example would be my trailer which lists a pin weight of 1375 lbs. When I weighed it on the CAT scale it was around 1800 lbs. Expect the actual weight to be about 20% more than what is listed on the sticker.

I remember someone on this or the Keystone forum who weighed rv's for years saying all the 3/4 ton trucks he weighed were over their limits. I know my own truck is right on the limit and maybe up to a couple hundred lbs over depending on how we load it.
I'm not to worried about that since I'm well below my axle weights and most of the limits for 3/4 ton trucks are on the conservative side.
So just a few more things for you to think about. Tough decision...good luck.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote